A remembrance to a Beautiful Mind
A remembrance to APJ Kalam on his Birthday
|Full name||Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam (APJ)|
|Date of Birth||15-Oct-1931|
|Place of Birth||Rameswaram, Ramnad District(at present Ramanathapuram District),Madras Presidency(at present Tamil Nadu),British India|
|Died on||27 July 2015 (aged 83),Shillong, Meghalaya, India|
Honour to him
|1981||Padma Bhushan||Government of India|
|1990||Padma Vibhushan||Government of India|
|1994||Distinguished Fellow||Institute of Directors (India)|
|1997||Bharat Ratna||Government of India|
|1997||Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration||Indian National Congress|
|1998||Veer Savarkar Award||Government of India|
|2000||Ramanujan Award||Alwars Research Centre, Chennai|
|2007||Honorary Doctorate of Science||University of Wolverhampton, UK|
|2007||King Charles II Medal||Royal Society, UK|
|2007||Honorary Doctorate of Science and Technology||Carnegie Mellon University|
|2008||Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa)||Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh|
|2008||Doctor of Engineering (Honoris Causa)||Nanyang Technological University, Singapore|
|2009||International von Kármán Wings Award||California Institute of Technology, USA|
|2009||Hoover Medal||ASME Foundation, USA|
|2009||Honorary Doctorate||Oakland University|
|2010||Doctor of Engineering||University of Waterloo|
|2011||IEEE Honorary Membership||IEEE|
|2012||Doctor of Laws (Honoris Causa)||Simon Fraser University|
|2013||Von Braun Award||National Space Society|
|2014||Doctor of Science||Edinburgh University,UK|
His gift to the Nation and People
- A Manifesto for Change: A Sequel to India 2020
- Advantage India: From Challenge to Opportunity
- Developments in Fluid Mechanics and Space Technology
- Envisioning an Empowered Nation
- Forge your Future: Candid, Forthright, Inspiring
- Ignited Minds: Unleashing the Power Within India
- Indomitable Spirit
- India 2020: A Vision for the New
- Inspiring Thoughts
- Mission India
- My Journey: Transforming Dreams into Actions
- Reignited: Scientific Pathways to a Brighter Future
- Target 3 Billion
- The Luminous Sparks
- Transcendence: My Spiritual Experiences with Pramukh Swamiji
- Turning Points: A journey through challenges
- You Are Born To Blossom: Take My Journey Beyond
Famous Quotes from APJ
- My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people.
- The youth need to be enabled to become job generators from job seekers.
- All of us do not have equal talent. But , all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.
- Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
- Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around.
- Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person.
- Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.
- All Birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds.
- Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.
- Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.
- Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.
- To become ‘unique,’ the challenge is to fight the hardest battle which anyone can imagine until you reach your destination.
- If you want to shine like a sun. First burn like a sun.
- Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.
- Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.
- Without your involvement you can’t succeed. With your involvement you can’t fail.
- We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.
- Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.
- A teacher should have a creative mind. Creativity is the key to success in the future, and primary education is where teachers can bring creativity in children at that level.
- Great teachers emanate out of knowledge, passion and compassion.
- We will be remembered only if we give to our younger generation a prosperous and safe India, resulting out of economic prosperity coupled with civilizational heritage.
- If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.
- War is never a lasting solution for any problem.
- Unless India stand up to the world no one will respect us. In this world fear has no place. Only strength respect strength.
- No religion has mandated killing others as a requirement for its sustenance or promotion.
- Economy forced me to become a vegetarian, but I finally starting liking it.